That poem arrived in the last minute of my third freewrite of the day (I freewrite with my English classes). Each period, I had failed miserably to complete a poem that desperately refuses to be written. I wrote, "I'm totally stumped. I've got no idea what I'm going to do for my poem. I hope inspiration strikes." And, um, it did!
3 comments:
very clever, and tersely evocative.
i love how you accomplish so much in such spareness of words.
That poem arrived in the last minute of my third freewrite of the day (I freewrite with my English classes). Each period, I had failed miserably to complete a poem that desperately refuses to be written. I wrote, "I'm totally stumped. I've got no idea what I'm going to do for my poem. I hope inspiration strikes." And, um, it did!
HEH i love it.
:)
"bested by poetry" beats "ruined by reading" anyday.
and i think i sense a mystery series coming on, there …
Post a Comment