Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Gifts

  • One poem from a man who loves me
  • A new display of my photographs which I never make the time to print or display
  • A lock of hair "for you to remember me by when I move out" in a treasure box decorated in primo six-year-old style (move out? can I come with?) (oh, and please stop cutting your hair. She says she enjoys the feel of the scissors cutting hair. I must admit, I agree with her.)
  • A collection of poetry from a budding poet (this was in the works evenings for over a month)


  • and... a late afternoon delivery on a somewhat sunny day of a decaf iced Americano. Ahhhh.

I couldn't ask for more. Ed tells me that he has plans for a purchased gift but the first time he went to the store, he didn't make it in time for its limited hours and when he did make it, they didn't have whatever it was.

It doesn't matter though. These are exactly the gifts I needed.

No comments: