Saturday, April 05, 2008

Oh Look! An Actual Post!


As you might have guessed, today was Opening Day for Powell Little League, and the very first day of Wrigley's baseball career. She's had quite a three week stretch of squealing with glee. First, it was "Oooooooh, I can't wait until EEEEEEEEaster!" Then, it was "Ooooooooh, I can't wait until Arizoooooooona!" Until today, it's been "Ooooooooooh, I can't wait until my first baseball gaaaaaaaame!" (Tonight at bedtime, she was counting down the days until "potato piiiiiiiiza!" Quite a comedown.)


Amazingly, none of these three squeal-worthy events were letdowns. She had a ball hunting for eggs. We had a fantastic time in Arizona. And she wore this big goofy grin all day - from the drizzly parade at the crack of dawn through her debut at second base (or first outfield - in t-ball, it's kind of hard to tell). She hit the ball all three times at bat, got the ball in the air once, remembered to run most of the time, fielded a sharply hit ground ball cleanly, and got her pants muddy. What more could a kid ask for? Cheetos? Oh, yeah - she scored some cheetos, too.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the Cubs scouts will be coming by soon? Grammy

romaryka said...

you have the most stylish little leaguer out there ! i love her stripey pants. :)

Alice Carrier said...

looking at this post gave me that kind of "AWW, I WANT A BABY!" pang in my gut, and then i remembered- hey! i do have a baby! and someday he'll be a little baseballer too! and then i had a cute overload heart attack and died, and then came back from the dead to post this comment.

Ed said...

how cool to have the verifiable undead posting comments! your boy, btw, is gonna be a helluva a ball!BALL!BALL! player.