I'm struggling with a difficulty I don't often encounter while blogging in Oregon: sun glare. I can pretty much take my laptop anywhere in the city of Portland and not have any problems reading my computer screen.
As it happens, I am sitting on my parents back deck, in the shade of a mesquite (I think), being serenaded by unfamiliar birds. There are quail here, and mourning doves, and three other calls that belong to much shier birds: one of them honks, one whistles, one sings opera. I hope they'll introduce themselves before Wrig and I head home.
It's been an eventful morning already. Wrig saw a bunny across the street and a quail righto ut the window. Right after breakfast, we made a beeline for the swimming pool. Wrig splashed and frolicked and made friends. Wrig very generously offered to share her rockets with a three or four year old boy. It always surprises me that it surprises my parents when Wrig is generous. Our society expects the worst from children, and why not? Have you seen tv? Poor behavior is all we model for them. It's a shame we're not sending Wrig to school to pick up some "social skills."
Oops. Accidental mini-rant. Sorry 'bout that.
I was able to swim today (a whopping 20 laps) for the first time in 10 months (thanks Kaiser PT!). I'm curious to see how my knee reacts. I hope it doesn't get cranky.
Despite the accidental rant, I'm feeling very mellow and content right now (if not a wee bit lonely). The temperature is in the low 80s, the breeze is tickling my leg hair, and I could very happily be an Arizonan.
For about five days.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
not much glare here, though the sun did warm my face this afternoon. And as I was driving home at about 10:30 something resembling an icy drop of rain hit the windshield.
and yes, i found what i expected to find in great expectations
was it as great as you expected?
haw haw
Alice, I'm sorry you've been subjected to our shameless flirting.
C, I'm sorry our shameless flirting is so sorry. ;)
Post a Comment