Monday, March 17, 2008

Uh-Oh! Somebody's Got Competition

To quote a letter we recently received (by which I mean we received four hours ago) from the Oregon State Poetry Association: "Dear Wrigley, It is our great pleasure to inform you that your poem, I Need, has won an Honorable Mention in Category I of the 2008 Oregon State Youth Poetry Contest."

That's right - my child, champion poet. She wins a certificate, a medal, and $5 (that's two and a half packs of gum!).

To quote the Wrigley: "Pretty cool, huh?" Later, she qualified her comment: "I think it's pretty cool winning the poetry contest. I've never won a contest before."

Without further ado, here's a BONUS poem of the week:

I Need
by Wrigley Kline
January 31, 2008

I need some wool to spin into string
I need some knitting needles to knit the hat for the queen
I need some sheep for wool
I need some farmers to shear the sheep
I need some money to pay the farmers for shearing my sheep
I need a spinning wheel to spin the yarn to knit the hat for the queen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, another poem about Christie.