My friend Stephanie is pretty creative. She just seems to come up with some pretty cool projects and solves problems really interestingly. I have a lot of friends that make and do a lot of things. It makes me wonder why I don't get off the computer and do more, but I suppose I do a lot of interesting things as well. Stephanie has that artistic talent which gives her projects and solutions a particular flair. For Wrigley's birthday she managed to figure out how to give her those race car tights that Wrigley desired. She sewed buttons on to tights, then made cute little felt race cars that buttoned onto them. The race car wheels are the buttons!
This morning Wrigley and I walked 14 blocks to preschool in the pouring rain. Her back and front were soaked, her tights were soaked and water pooled in her boots! She had a coat on, a blanket and the hood to her stroller, I swear! We put her in her preschool change of clothes before school started. Ed usually takes the car to his school, so I had to figure out a way to keep us stroller mobile despite any weather. When Wrigley was younger, we would just stay home when it rained really hard. But we can't really do that any more. She's three, we've got to go out. I shopped for a poncho for Wrigley, couldn't find one. I looked for one of those kinda creepy plastic stroller covers. No such luck. I had to pick up Wrigley in an hour, and I didn't want her crying 8 blocks into our walk home. What to do? What would Stephanie do? Ah ha! I took a long piece of vinyl that we already had, some big drafting clips and came up with a cover far better than the one I might have bought if I had more time and a car to search the Baby Stores. Stephanie probably would have painting great pictures or sewn on beads, but I was awfully pleased that Wrigley came home without a drop of water on her or her rain coat! And she loved the contraption!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment