Sunday, January 20, 2008

Poem of the Week

It's been a tough week. My goal is to write six poems a week (Monday through Saturday) and then use Sunday as a revision day. Goals, schmoals, as they say. I managed two and a half poems this week, and this is the best of the lot. I like the idea, and maybe I'll revisit it, but it doesn't flow as smoothly as I'd like it to.

Out of Place
January 15, 2008

today i was

a stalk of broccoli

in a fresh fruit salad

watching

a fox in a dinghy

on a seasick sea

the crowd while

a steel gray marble

in a pot of gold

waiting for

a hardbound book

with a soft shell crab

the lecture to

a hi-top shoe

in a high-heeled world

start

2 comments:

Alice Carrier said...

well keep posting them anyway. i like to read them.

Ed said...

i can't quit yet ... it's only january