We've made many many parenting choices along the way that I never knew we'd make or even have to think about. In general our philosophy is something like, "we'll do XYZ (breastfeeding, co-sleeping, no TV, etc...) until it doesn't work for any one of the three of us." This is better known by the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." For the most part this serves us well.
Over the past year Wrigley has been nursing first thing in the morning only every once in a while. Sometimes it was every day for a week, then not at all for a month, then every other day for a while. It has been sporadic. And often I'd ask in a surprised voice, "There still milk in there?" And Wrigley would tell me, "Oh, yes, still milk."
Until last week, when we had this conversation:
M: No milk? (I could tell.)
W: no, no milk... Why did your boos (you don't always get to pick the name of thing when you have a child!) stop making milk?
M: Well, I think that because you nurse just a little bit every once in a while, they stopped.
W: I don't think that is what happened. I think your boos don't like the food you eat, so they stopped.
M: Really?
W: No, I don't think they like tomatoes.
M: Tomatoes, huh? What do they like?
W: Green beans. Maybe a green bean sandwich. With turkey and cheese. Rice would be okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it's so nice to have our reader back :)
Post a Comment