Wednesday, December 29, 2004

My Government Loves Me!

Proof #1: Ed got an email Birthday Greeting from Oregon TSPC (Teacher Standards and Practices commission).

Edward Kline - Birthday Greetings!

We are taking this opportunity to send you a reminder of the
correspondence that was mailed to you with your current license.


Proof #2: This year I decided I would jump through the many hoops at the Social Security Administration so that I could file the preschool's W-2 forms for our one employee online instead of spending an hour tracking down a typewriter (do they still make those?), and trying to type the whole half page document without making a single mistake (where's the delete key?). Having registered with the SSA as an employer, I am now singed up for their thrilling e-newsletter, W-2 News:

W-2 News
For Employers and Businesses Who Submit W-2s to Social Security

December 2004
Issue: 2004-01

Welcome to W-2 News, the electronic newsletter for you - employers who
submit W-2s to Social Security! We know your time's valuable, so we'll only
send you this newsletter when there's important wage reporting information.
We'll be sure to let you know when there are changes in the W-2 reporting
requirements or in paper e-filing requirements.

I can't wait for my next update on important wage reporting information!

No comments: