Sunday, October 03, 2004

In local news ...

An Oregon City School Board member - that's right, a school board member in the district where I teach - told the Oregonian newspaper that he talked to God this summer. Or rather, God talked to him.

You can reread that if you'd like, but the facts won't change: an OC school board member is getting advice directly from God. I wonder if God had anything to say about our drama department, because this is the same board member who dragged my friend before the board to defend her production of the cutting edge musical Grease.

And God's advice: pray. That's right, grab as many Christians as you can and pray.

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in God. With all the turmoil in the world - Iraq, Israel, nukes in North Korea, and the Cubs losing three straight to Cincinnati (?!?!) in the final week of the season - you'd think God would have more important things to do than find a preacher in OC and tell him to pray.

I guess there is one thing to look forward to: the big prayer bash will end up at the high school. With any luck, they'll pray for better test scores.

No comments: