Saturday, August 02, 2008

I Bet You Didn't Know ...

... that Wrigley is a published author in the invisible book world. It's true! She began reading to me from the first book of her three-part series about Spiteful Agate, Unhopeful Diamond, and Resourceful Opal. Yes, that's Spiteful Agate, Unhopeful Diamond, and Resourceful Opal.

Agate, Diamond, and Opal are three sisters - Agate's the oldest and Opal is the youngest. They are orphans (of course) and they are constantly encountering problems. Agate complains, Diamond sighs, and Opal (did I mention she's the youngest?) draws upon her many resources to solve the problem. At the end of the third book (spoiler alert!), we discover that Agate (did I mention she's Spiteful?) is causing all the problems because she's the oldest and she thinks she should be in charge all the time, but the others won't let her.

AND ...

I bet you didn't know that Wrigley's birthstone is Opal.
And Christie's birthstone is Diamond.
And my birthstone is turquoise, but Wrigley thought Agate sounded better.

If anybody knows anything about child psychology or dream interpretation or symbolism and would like to help us figure out what, exactly, Wrigley is trying to tell the invisible publishing world with these thinly veiled autobiographical fictions, please feel free to leave a comment.

3 comments:

Christie said...

I wonder exactly what kind of sighs it is that Diamond sighs. It makes a huge difference, you know.

Ed said...

oh, sigh.

Ali said...

I thought sighs doesn't matter!