It isn't so much the Why's? that get me. I can appreciate that Wrigley is curious about how the world works. It isn't even asking the same Why question 8 times over 2 days. Sometimes it takes a lot of repetition to be sure you've got something down straight. Many times it is a long sequence of Why's. There are only so many levels of Why before you just plain run out (why is the bus late? maybe there was traffic. Why? well, there's traffic when there are lots of cars on the road. why? lots of people have places to go all at the same time. why? many people go to work at this time. why? because it is worktime. why? I don't @#$&ing know). Anyway, I can usually manage that conversation all the way to its grumpy-sighed "I don't know" conclusion many many times a bus ride.
The three practically identical conversations we had this morning before 9:30 am that left me wishing I could leave the room with my hands over my ears yelling lalalalala went like this:
W: are those dishes (in the dishwasher) clean?
M: no
W: yes or no
M: no
W: Are they clean?
M: no
W: these are clean or dirty?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment